Monday, September 04, 2006

Hidden Paths?

I want to mention one other curiosity about our town... I have seen on several maps that there are supposed to be walking paths and stairways throughout town. They act as short-cuts between streets. I have gone looking for some of these and have been very disappointed. The staircases do exist, but those don't really help me since I walk with a baby stroller. The walking paths, however remain a mystery. Twice now, I have almost gotten stuck on an overgrown path that is so steep a mountain goat would cringe. Plus, they appear to be on (or very near) private property, so you feel like you are trespassing.

I am wondering if maybe these paths used to be walkable many years ago, and over time have eroded and become much steeper? Either way, I don't think I will try any more!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home