Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pet peeves...

OK, so one of my biggest pet peeves is litterbugs. Everyday I walk about 3 miles in my neighborhood. And everyday, I pick up at least one piece of trash someone else left behind. I have noticed that the areas where the trash always can be found are the "tourist hotspots." This makes me particularly mad because when you are visiting a place, you should be extra careful to respect it and thankful for their hospitality. At least, that is what I was brought up to believe...

I also abide by the old Girl Scout saying, "Always leave a place better than how you found it." So I always pick up trash when I see it, and have taught my kids to do the same. My daughter is obsessive about recycling and I love it! Whenever I go to throw something in the trash, she says, "Mom, are you sure you can't recycle that?" The recycling program here in Eureka Springs is great!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home