Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Matted dog fur!!!

Our puppy has gotten her fur matted pretty good and she hates being brushed. So today I trimmed her fur to about 1-1/2 inches all over and she looks so different! She is a Jack-a-Poo (Jack Russell Terrier / Poodle mix) and with the haircut she looks like a Fox Terrier. The mats are better to manage now, but I'm still waiting for the de-matting comb I purchased from Dog.com for extra help.

Any other suggestions? What tools work for keeping your dog tangle-free?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

Our dog used to get really matted fur as a pup, and I bought some of that Johnson's & Johnson's detangler to spray on before I tried to comb them out. It seemed to help a lot. Now that she's grown though, she just gets mats in her "skirt" (the long hair around her bottom and back legs). Most of the time we have to cut them out - but when my hubby was really diligent about brushing her every day or even every other day, she stayed mat-free! So maybe the answer is just to make it part of a daily routine to brush your dog...easier said than done though, I know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home