Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Let's hear it for my boy!

So after all my stressing out about potty training, reading a couple of books, watching a kid's video to get my son psyched up... He basically potty trained himself in one day. Yes, one day. No kidding.

Here's the story:
Last week we started letting him wear Pull-Up diapers and telling him he could go to the potty with them, etc. He wore them for two days and tried sitting on the potty a couple of times with partial success, but the diapers were still getting wet. Then on Friday, he saw me folding laundry and told me he wanted to wear "big boy underwear." Skeptically, I said "OK" and we changed him into underwear.

Today is Wednesday night and so far, he has not had one accident. We put him in Pull-Ups at night just in case, but he wakes up in the morning with them still dry. He even wants to use the big potty already and only uses the baby potty for poopies. While we are on the subject, who's up for a detoxifying colon cleanse? After reading a bit on the web, my sluggishness lately could be caused by excessive toxins in the system. Maybe a detoxifier is just what I need. I've never tried that before, so who knows?

I am seriously shocked about my boy, though. I still can't believe it, although I am very proud and happy. It's so fascinating to see something just "click" with a child and how excited they get when they accomplish it. I guess I don't have to worry about him being ready for Pre-school in the fall. It will also be so nice not to deal with diapers on our upcoming trip in January. Woo hoo! Let's hear it for the boy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

Yipeee!!!! What an accomplishment! We've asked Santa to bring Big Boy Undies for Xmas. Liam saw some "Cars" themed ones at the store and was wanting them...so maybe that will be good motivation?!

Once again - Yeah for your little guy!!! Give him a big high-five and a hug from me! :)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger eureka mom said...

Yup, the "Cars" and "Superman" are the Big Boy undies of choice in our house! They also make Pull-Ups with "Cars" on them for night time. Our boy calls those the "night" underwear and then changes in the morning into "day" underwear.

He has been waking up with the Pull-Ups dry, but we will still use them at night just in case until we finish the pack in about a week. Overall, we are stunned at how easy this has been! Thanks for the words of congratulations. I will definitely pass on the praise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home