Friday, January 04, 2008

Potty progress report

Well, it's been about a month since my son (3 years and 3 months old) decided to be potty trained. I'm happy to report he is still going strong and we've only had a couple of mishaps along the way. First of all, to my amazement, he has only wet the bed twice in a whole month. Every other morning, he wakes up dry and sometimes even waits to go potty until after he eats breakfast! As you can imagine, this makes me quite nervous, but he won't go if you tell him to, so I have to keep my mouth shut.

There have also been a few times when he waits too long and has a little wetness in his underwear before making it to the potty. I don't make a big deal about it and he just picks out a new pair of undies and changes them himself. He's all about doing things by himself right now, so I'm going with the flow. This will be very important for starting pre-school in August since they expect the kids to do most things themselves.

Overall, I'm still very proud of my "big boy" and I'm so glad he is out of diapers before our Florida trip in two weeks! Mickey Mouse will be so impressed, I'm sure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home