Sunday, February 24, 2008

Library business cards?

Speaking of previous lives, our college life was also something entirely different. My husband and I were both Fine Arts majors, going for our Bachelor's degrees, with emphasis on computer graphics and advertising design. In college, one of my favorite areas of study involved company branding and logo design. I enjoyed coming up with a new "look" for a company and incorporating it into business cards, envelopes, and letterhead. Of course, in college it was much easier because art was all encompassing back then. We lived and breathed art almost 100% of the time.

Now that we have children and there is so much going on in our lives, I can't even find the time to come up with snappy business cards for myself. So I tried a website logo creator called LogoYes with much success. The free demo is simple and fun. First, you select what "image" you want to project for your company, the choices being High-Tech, Bold, or Flair. I chose "Flair" since I am a creative, artistic person. The next step is choosing your industry from a list of thirty choices. Based on the industry selected, you then go to the next step, picking a symbol for your card and the text to go on it. I was impressed by the large selection of images to choose from and the many different font styles. The final step is arranging the layout and choosing colors.

Since I work at the library, and I couldn't think of anything else to put on a business card for myself since I am into so many different things, I decided to make one that we could discreetly hand out in the library to patrons to remind them of proper library etiquette. What do you think?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home