Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One small kitchen addition

My husband built a spice rack out of some of the kitchen cabinets that we removed when we moved into our house. He cut off the back to make it shallow and added small shelves inside. We hung it on the wall last night I love it! All the spices fit inside (alphabetized, of course) and there is even room for some of our vitamins and medications on the top shelf. It looks great and I am happy to see my husband taking a positive interest in the house again after encountering many problems with previous home improvement projects due to unorthodox building techniques used by previous owners.

We even involved our kids in the project. My three year old son helped me change the cabinet pulls, and our daughter helped us find the studs in the wall and make sure the cabinet was straight and level. We are very pleased with the outcome and it makes the kitchen feel more complete.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home