Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to the cell

Now that both of our kids are in school full time, we are considering getting rid of internet service at home and spending time at the library with our laptop picking up the wifi signal. This would save us about $75 per month, and we were planning to do this in the near future anyway, so why not try now?

We already picked up a cheap cell phone before our summer roadtrip for emergencies, and we have 500 unused minutes on it. So we would use only the cell phone for all our calling needs, and add minutes as we go. Of course, my husband (the family techie) has figured out most of the phone's features already just by tinkering around with it. As for me, I have figured out how to lock the keypad, because unlocked cell phones have a tendency to either make a call from my purse, or get into the hands of curious children who have just learned how to dial "911" for emergencies.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

Or randomly call their mommies best friends!!

Ha! I never thought about locking my cell phone...um, and I don't know how - and I even consider myself a bit of a techie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home