Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Memories of the 80's

I mostly grew up in the 80's, so I feel nostalgic about movies like "The Goonies", "Pretty in Pink", and "Some Kind of Wonderful." What I missed out on were some of the 80's television shows, since my parents controlled the remote back then. One show that is a great example of 80's style and mannerisms is called "Square Pegs" and it stars Sarah Jessica Parker right before she was in "Footloose" and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun."

The popular girl on the show, played by Tracy Nelson (sister to the Nelson twins), speaks all "valley girl" to an extreme point. "Like, gag me with a diet pill. Oh my god!!!" She is very annoying, like, for sure. Anyway, I watched some of the episodes the other night, courtesy of a friend who checked it out from the Berryville library. Even though I didn't watch the show as a kid, seeing the fashions and hairstyles definitely brought back many 80's memories. It was a totally fun time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home