Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I am an aunt!

My sister-in-law had her first baby girl on April 12, so I am officially an aunt. Unfortunately, since we live in Arkansas and they live in Colorado, it will be awhile until we can meet her in person. We will see if we can manage a trip sometime late in the summer. I have another dear friend who is also expecting a daughter in July, so we want to meet her as well!

All these babies! Kind of makes me feel sad that I probably won't get to experience the joy of pregnancy and childbirth again. But then I think of all the traveling and experiences we are looking forward to when the kids get older - and if we had another baby, we'd just have to start all over and wait that much longer. Eureka Springs is not too "baby friendly" with its cracked and crooked limestone sidewalks and steep terrain. It is impossible to push a stroller anywhere downtown. We used the baby backpack carrier last year and that worked well, but with a 2-year old it is very tiring on the wearer's back.

Oh well, I will just have to look forward to more nieces, nephews, and grandchildren...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home