Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Restaurant review: Sparky's Roadhouse Cafe

For my birthday, we went to eat at Sparky's. It is a very popular restaurant and has won awards for their burgers. We've tried eating there before, but the wait was always over an hour, so we hadn't yet experienced Sparky's. Since my neighbor works there, I asked her what time we should come to be sure to get a table. She said anytime before 6:00pm and you'll get a table right away. We got there at 5:30 and were taken right to a booth. My husband and I both noticed the booths were pretty worn down and could use re-stuffing or replacement.

Our chips and salsa came right away, so that was good. They brought over coloring books and Crayons for the kids and the atmosphere is fun and retro - so kids like it there. Our order came in a good amount of time, not super fast, but not too long either. We enjoyed our meals and the taste was good. It seems my husband liked his chicken dinner more than I enjoyed my veggie burger. Since they won "best burger" award, I expected the veggie burger to be out of this world, so I was a little disappointed. But all the food was good.

We didn't tell the waiter that it was my birthday, but my neighbor must've remembered because they brought me a piece of turtle cheesecake for free. It was super rich and wonderful. I would definitely recommend Sparky's for dessert or for a fun meal for the family.

PS. In case you are wondering, the S.U.A.E. that they have on their T-shirts and billboards stands for "Shut up and eat."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home