Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boomerangs

What is it about Eureka Springs that keeps people coming back over and over again? I mean, I understand why tourists come back if this is their vacation spot of choice. But I have heard about several residents who used to live here, moved away for a few years, but they always move back.

I think there is a magical quality to Eureka that no one can really put into words. It's more than the quaint Victorian homes, the old limestone buildings downtown, the hilly terrain, or the climbing vines and beautiful greenery. Those are all wonderful, but can be found in other cities as well.

Since I started working at the library two months ago, I have had the opportunity to meet many more residents, and I like to think it is the people and the sense of community found here that makes people feel so welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home