Monday, June 18, 2007

Guppy babies

My daughter's fish tank became a whole lot more interesting last Thursday night, when she discovered some guppy babies swimming around. She went running all over the house yelling, "I see baby fishies! I see baby fishies! My fish had babies!" So we scooped the little ones into a cup, to separate them from the larger fish in the tank that were hunting them down.

They are doing quite well, much to my surprise. We researched online and read that they like to eat hard boiled egg yolks mashed up. It's true. We put some in their cup and they went nuts devouring the stuff. We only managed to save two little babies, found another one that was sucked into the water filter and unfortunately died. There could be more hiding down in the rocks in the big tank, so we have been watching the tank just in case we find any more.

So much excitement over something so small, it's amazing. Who says kids need fancy toys and gadgets to keep them happy? Not me! Give mine some bugs, worms, or baby fish to watch and they are giddy for hours.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home