Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Smashing Pumpkins return!

I know I'm behind on this information, but I just found out that one of my favorite bands, The Smashing Pumpkins, have gotten back together since their split-up in 2000. Their new album is coming out July 10th, and they are currently on a worldwide tour, most of which is already sold out.

There are some videos of their most recent live show in Paris posted on the official band website. I think I will definitely have to pick up the new album. The only original members are the singer (Billy Corgan) and drummer (Jimmy Chamberlin). They have a new female bass player, a new guitarist, and the addition of a keyboardist as well.

So far, I like what I'm hearing and want to hear more! Unfortunately, Billy's solo stuff was disappointing to me, so I'm very happy to see the Pumpkins back together. Billy has also written several poetry books, which I've been meaning to read since I love his lyrics so much. They are so deep, troubled, and heartfelt, I'm sure the poems are more of the same.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home