Monday, November 19, 2007

Amusing mail

I just have to share a card I received in the mail today. The outside of the envelope was very mysterious, with a crooked computer generated address on a shiny gold envelope. Inside was a postcard printed on one side with the following text verbatim:
___________________________________
i am

a million holiday lights
the nutcracker in tights

exquisite menus
and honky tonk venues

gilcrease, philbrook, utica square
an overnight visit beyond compare

the perfect holiday destination
and this is your invitation.

Tulsa
VisitTulsa.com/holidays
___________________________________

I just had to giggle when I read this. Honky tonk venues? The nutcracker in tights?? How I got on the tourism mailing list for Tulsa, Oklahoma I'll never know, but at least it's good for a laugh now and then, right? I can appreciate their simple new look and modern style, but is that really the best they could come up with to say about their town? Sounds like a brainstorming session went awry somewhere over there.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

Have you ever BEEN to Oklahoma?! Must not, otherwise you would understand COMPLETELY what went wrong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home