Tuesday, November 13, 2007

High expectations

I was a bit disappointed in my daughter yesterday when I substituted in her class for the first time. I was all excited thinking what a great day it would be, that she would be my little helper, and so on. Well, apparently she is one of those kids that acts up more when their mom is around. She kept pushing the limits and I almost had to give her a time-out on two separate occasions. And since her friends saw her goofing off, even when her mom was in the room, they figured they could do it to. I had to warn them several times throughout the day.

We got through the day without any major snags, and I didn't even get a headache. Being a substitute teacher is a tough job, that's for sure. My job at the library feels like a walk in the park by comparison. Starting last week, all the teachers have been complaining about students acting up without reason. We figured everyone is just ready for Thanksgiving break, which is the entire week off school in our district. I know I'm ready for a break!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

Yikes! I give you LOADS of credit for even attempting to sub your own daughter's class!

Have you ever thought of getting a teaching cert? You know, once your kiddos get a little older. I've been keeping that as a future option for me - but I don't know if I truly have enough patience for it.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger eureka mom said...

Yes, I've thought about teaching after my youngest starts school. I know the students are better behaved for their regular teachers than for a substitute.

I would have the same daily schedule as the kids, plus the same vacation breaks - which would be awesome. It's definitely on my "maybe" list if our self-employment hits a plateau.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home