Monday, November 26, 2007

For health

One habit I really have to start working on is remembering to take nutritional supplements. As I get older, my body has different nutritional needs. For women, calcium is especially important to keep bones strong and ward off osteoporosis. I also like to take 1000mg of Vitamin C and a Zinc supplement to keep illnesses at bay. This is essential since I work at the elementary school as a substitute teacher. A regular multi-vitamin, plus these three supplements are what I try to take on a daily basis.

I also take vitamin A and vitamin E if I feel stressed, as they help to prevent cold sores. Taking all these vitamins also helps me get a big glass of water down first thing in the morning, so that's another plus. It's just difficult for me sometimes to swallow so many pills in one sitting. I can't take any in the evening, because I take a thyroid replacement, which cannot be taken within 2 hours of eating or vitamins. It's a juggling act, for sure. But isn't everything in life?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home