Friday, January 16, 2009

Medication paranoia

After an allergic reaction to pain medication given to me after having my wisdom teeth removed in college, I am paranoid to take almost any prescribed pain medications. This is one of the main reasons I chose natural childbirth to deliver both of my children. Then after pulling a muscle in my neck during said natural childbirth, the midwife prescribed Tylenol with codeine, which I reluctantly accepted because the pain was excruciating and had lasted a couple of weeks. I took one pill, and felt dizzy for two whole days! I couldn't even care for my newborn without assistance.

So you can see why I would never try Leptovox, or any of the other hundreds of diet supplements available. There are so many side effects to worry about with any drug, that are sometimes worse than the affliction itself, it just isn't worth it. Add to that the expensive prices, and I'm definitely happy to spend my money elsewhere!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home