Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Aging eyes

I always thought my mom was being paranoid when she said she didn't like driving at night. I've heard of night blindness too, but I never knew exactly what it meant. Well, now that I am in my thirties, I don't like driving at night either! I can't fully explain it, but I feel like I can't drive as well at night and the headlights from the other cars really bothers me. Even if their "bright" lights aren't on, I feel like I can't see for a second after an oncoming car passes by. Is this what night blindness is? Why didn't it bother me when I was younger?

I have also noticed some weirdness with my vision when I am reading lately. All of a sudden, the page will take on a "magic eye" effect and some of the words look like they are floating above the page. I have never needed eyeglasses, but I'm thinking to get this checked out, in case I need reading glasses or something.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

I have the same problem with night driving. It started in my late twenties - but I attributed it to the fact that I started driving less and less at nighttime, so I wasn't used to it anymore. In my younger years, the majority of my driving was done after dark! Now I'm an "old homebody"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home