Friday, February 20, 2009

Improve your food

I am currently reading Susan Powter's book entitled "Food" for inspiration on eating healthier. I read her first book "Stop the Insanity" years ago and I really like her brash writing style and upbeat voice. She is a very strong woman who has been through a lot in her life, and shares her years of nutritional research with us.

She doesn't fall for dieting gimmicks, and would rather eat whole foods than take a weight loss pill. She believes even vitamins are a waste of money, preferring to get her daily supplements from fruits and vegetables. She also clears up much of the misinformation on food labels. I thought I knew how to read nutrition labels pretty well, but I learned a few valuable things from Susan's book. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in improving their health and eating habits.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home