Thursday, January 18, 2007

What's Beautiful?


Since I am a busy mother and housewife, I don't really follow fashion much. I used to look at fashion magazines and watch fashion shows on TV, but I just don't have time for any of that anymore. I came across a high-end accessory designer on the PayPerPost list and it caught my attention. They are launching a new advertising campaign. In it, Belisi asks, "What's Beautiful to You?"

The designer says that he realizes that beauty is not all about fashion and looks. In fact, he says the most beautiful people he sees are not celebrities or models. They are everyday people who make a difference in this world. He says, "I know there's irony in this type of campaign from a fashion company, but that's the point, to get people to expand their view of beauty." I think this is a great stance to take and it's refreshing to hear from someone in the fashion industry.



So, my answer to their big question? The most beautiful thing to me is a mother nursing her child. Everyone knows breastfeeding is the best nutrition for babies, but when you see a mother nursing, you can tell there is much more involved than nutrition. There is a connection in the closeness that you can see as they gaze at one another. Having nursed both of my children, I know it is a great stress reliever for both mother and child - you have to relax or it just won't work. I remember looking forward to those times so I could just snuggle up with my child and relax for awhile.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Jean Bauhaus said...

I just surfed in from Belisi's comments section to see if you were from Eureka Springs, and you are. My husband and I got married there in September and we fell in love with the place. We can't wait to get back there. I'm even entertaining fantasies of moving there someday.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home