Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Celebrity obsession

Upon hearing the news of Anna Nicole Smith's recent sudden death, I found myself wondering why people are so obsessed with her - and with celebrities in general. I mean, they are just people like us with really good personal trainers and hair and make-up artists. We've all seen the shows where people get "make overs" and in the end, they look just as fabulous as a celebrity. So what is the obsession?

Is it just the fact that we've seen them on TV or a movie screen, so if we see them in public or even in a magazine it seems surreal? My husband plays music and has a few very devoted fans around the world. He once got a letter from a girl in Russia that was very over-the-top, saying how much she loved him and on and on. I remember thinking that I was glad she lived so far away. I can't imagine getting letters like that on a daily basis, like some celebrities do.

If you pick a career in the limelight, you can never have a private life again. This is just the price of fame and fortune. I say, no thank you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home