Tuesday, February 06, 2007

finished another painting

This time, I went in a totally different direction with my painting. I didn't paint from life or a picture - I painted from my head. I just went loose and painted what I felt. It was very liberating, I think I will paint like this more often. I had been working on another version of the statue (on canvas this time) that I painted before in my sketch book. I was getting frustrated with the constrictive nature of painting something to make it look realistic, so I took it off the easel and painted this new one just for a break.

I'm going to really have to get moving if I expect to finish 10 paintings by Spring. I have set up a painting schedule for myself, so I will have time every night if I need it.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

That is awesome that you finished another painting! I am proud of you! You should post it here or at your other site. I'm anxious to see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home