Saturday, March 10, 2007

The name of the game is "Power Struggle"

Such is life with a 2-year old. My son has been really pushing the limits of my patience lately. I mean, I can understand all the whining and bad moods when they are sick. But come on!! We went to the doctor two days ago for the pink eye, and it has already cleared up. He is still sleeping terribly and throwing a huge fit at nap time and bedtime. This could be the result of our removal of his pacifier a week ago, but he hasn't said anything about that, he just cries about all kinds of other stuff.

He has a real problem with indecision. It goes something like this: I ask if he wants something, he says "yes", so I give it to him, then he says "I all done", so I take it away, then he says "no, I want it." We go on and on like this at every mealtime. So at dinner tonight, we just ignored him and ate our dinner. Lo and behold, when we were almost all done, he decides to go ahead and eat his food without saying a word. So my analysis is that he is becoming more independent and wants to make decisions for himself. If you ask him, then it was your decision, so he has to say "no". I tell you, it's very complicated to reason with a toddler. I sure hope he grows out of this stage soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home