Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr

I knew the weather would be colder today, but gee whiz! It hasn't even reached 50 degrees and it is almost 1:00 in the afternoon. The weird thing is it is sunny outside, but the sun just isn't warming us up. I guess this is the cold front my relatives experienced in Denver last week passing through. You really get used to the warm weather, then a cold day like this throws you for a loop. I let the dog out this morning and didn't bother to put shoes on because I was used to 60 degree mornings. I was in for a shock, this morning it was only 40 degrees.

According to the weather forecast, it will be cold (highs in the upper 50s, lower 60s) until next Monday, then it will be back to normal with highs in the mid 70s. Hopefully after this week, we can turn the heater off for good until next winter. Our natural gas bill for February was $130 and March was only $50 - what a difference the heater makes!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

Gosh, my utility bill was $130 in March and I thought that was fantastic! (but Denver is probably more expensive, and it is colder too) It was almost $300/month this winter - but Denver was really COLD! And - we had those crappy, old single-pane windows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home