Thursday, May 17, 2007

Field Day without notice

I was more than slightly perturbed yesterday afternoon when I picked up my daughter from the bus stop and she is all excited and says, "Mom! We had Fun and Field Day today!!" What?? We got a notice two weeks ago that it would be last Wednesday, but then they canceled it because of rain and said they would announce the new date when they knew. I didn't get any notice at all about the new date, and as a result I missed her first Field Day.

I asked her if there were many parents there and she said there was one parent from her class. Luckily, they had plenty of water and sunblock to give to the kids, but if I would've known they were going to be outside all day my daughter would have been wearing comfortable shorts instead of jeans. I don't know if there was a note that should have been sent home and since the teacher has been absent a few days lately, maybe the notes didn't get distributed? Either way, I'm sad I missed it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home