Monday, May 21, 2007

White Street walk

Last Friday was the White Street walk here in Eureka Springs. It is a big event for artists as part of the May Festival of the Arts as they display their work out on the sidewalk, on the porches, and within the galleries on White Street. My husband thought it would be a bad idea for our two year old to go and suggested that he stay home with him while just me and my six year old daughter go, but I wanted my husband to come too, so we all went.

We rode the trolley downtown and that part went fine, but when we started walking around, my son didn't want us to carry him and he wouldn't even hold our hands while walking. So we spent the whole time watching him instead of looking at the art displayed. What I did see was nice, but my husband was right, we would have enjoyed it much more without the little one. Our daughter was disappointed too because she is a very talented artist herself and would have liked to spend more time looking at the artwork. She did see four of her teachers from school, so that made her happy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home