Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Restaurant review: Sonny's Pizza

We have known for awhile that Geraldi's pizza is fantastic, and we eat it regularly. The people are nice, the service is great, the pizza tastes awesome, and the price is very reasonable. The Geraldi's in Eureka Springs is closed on Sundays and Tuesdays, however, so if we feel like getting pizza on those days we have to go elsewhere. Usually we get Pizza Hut, but I've heard good things about Sonny's, so we gave them a try last Sunday.

My first impression was not great. I called to order a pizza for carry-out and when I asked for the total amount, the guy said, "You'll find out when you pick it up. We're really busy right now." So I said, "Well, I need to know how much because we are paying with cash and splitting the bill." After a loud exhale, he said, "Hold on, I'll get you an estimate." I waited a few minutes and he finally gave me the total, "$28.10 plus tax." That sounded a bit high for two medium pizzas with two toppings, but they are supposed to be "gourmet" pizzas, so I didn't say anything.

When I picked up the pizzas at the restaurant, one guy was very rude (same guy from the phone) and the other guy was nice. I didn't really see into the seating area of the restaurant, so I can't give my opinion on that. When we got home and opened the pizza boxes, the pizza looked impressive. The toppings were abundant and the crust looked good. The pizzas were bigger than your average "medium" size, which explains the high price. Unfortunately, the taste was just OK. There wasn't much flavor and one of the pizzas was burned on one side. For the price, we will definitely be sticking with Geraldi's from now on for pizza. One large pizza at Geraldi's is $14.00 and if we take a short 10 mile drive to Berryville, we can go to the Geraldi's there on Tuesdays, where they have medium pizzas for $6.99 each and the employees there are super and always nice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home