Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pet peeves

This time, when I say "pet peeves", I am actually referring to people and their pets, so it truly is a "pet" peeve. Anyway, I get really nervous when I see people driving around in their pick-up trucks with dogs loose in the back. It's bad enough to stick them back there at all, but I see people driving fast on the curvy highway with the dogs running around all over in the back. This is just so unsafe for pets.

I have seen car accidents and I can just imagine what would happen to a dog in the back of a truck if it got in a wreck. The thought of this is unbearable. I don't understand why the dog can't either sit in front with the driver, or at least be in a crate tied down in the back, preferably shaded by a tonneau cover folded back halfway. Even riding in your car with a dog sticking its head out the window is unhealthy for their eyes and ears. I've had a dog with chronic ear infections and believe me, you don't want to aggravate ear problems with all that wind blowing in them.

Dogs live for such a short amount of time as it is, so all we can do is keep them safe and healthy for the time they are around and give them the life they deserve for being our companions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home