Saturday, June 30, 2007

What I don't miss the most

Sometimes when I have free time I just sit and think. Since we don't have television, I don't have the option of just "vegging" out on the couch watching TV. And I definitely think this is a good thing.

Of all the television shows I remember watching, the ones I miss the least are talk shows. Some of them were reasonable in their content, like Oprah or Montel Williams. But the Jerry Springer show in particular was a total circus. It was purely for entertainment, not informational at all. I mean, requiring a DNA test to confirm your baby's father is bad enough, but some of these women came back on the show over and over to get more men tested. Do we really need to see this??

Worse still, is that these shows are on in the daytime, when small children are home with their mothers. I certainly don't want my children to think this is normal behavior. Anyway, I'm still content without TV. This month marks one continuous year and we are still going strong!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

I agree that daytime tv is the most annoying. I will occasionally watch a cooking show on Food Network or a Home Fix Up show on TLC...but usually I'm using my son's naptime to get more important chores done around the house! I have gone without tv for 6 months before. Once it's gone, you quickly realize that you don't really miss it! We are considering not getting cable at our new house. It's expensive and really just a "time drain".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home