Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oh no! Please no!

I found out today that our coveted $5 per month trolley passes for residents will be no more as of August 1st. This is all due to a complaint from a resident who lives in our county, but outside city limits. Residents living within city limits paid $5 per month, while county residents outside city limits paid $15 - which is still a great deal. Someone complained to the Federal Transit Administration because she had to pay the higher price. They decided that indeed it was unfair to charge a lower price for residents, and now the price will be $30 per month per person. What??!!??

And if that wasn't bad enough, they will also make us pay for our kids, who were free before, to the tune of $20 each - yes, this includes my two year old. So what used to cost us $10 a month for the whole family, will now cost us $100 a month. Well, it looks like we will be walking more because there is no way we will pay that amount.

In a last-ditch effort, I will try to buy six months worth of passes in July (at the $5 price) and see if they let me. It will be like getting six months for the price of one at the new price! Crazy. I am so upset about this. I really feel sorry for the disabled people I know that rely on the trolley as their daily driver. I hope at least they will get some kind of discount.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home