Saturday, September 22, 2007

Common luxuries

I was just thinking about how many things seem totally extravagant when they are first introduced, but before long everyone "needs" one. Examples are things like cellular phones, flat panel televisions, Ipods, and even computers.

I read a statistic that stated more households now have computers than television sets. Wow. I never thought that would be the case, considering how much television is valued in our society. But I guess since children use laptops in school now, many families have a computer for every member of the family. My husband and I have three computers between the two of us, and only two television sets for a family of four. So we do fit that statistic.

Our excuse is that one of the laptops is only used for my husband's music projects, since he doesn't want it connected to the internet. Then when I started doing my own online projects to make money, we were having trouble sharing the other computer, so we bought a new laptop for me. We have more than paid for it with my paid blogging alone, so the investment was definitely worth it in our case.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home