Monday, September 17, 2007

Definitely not ready

I have been substitute teaching in one of the Pre-school classes at the public elementary school for the last couple of days and it has been a great experience. I'm glad I signed up for subbing and I think it will be a great source of extra income, plus a way for me to stay involved in my children's school.

My son is not in Pre-K yet, as his birthday is three days past the cut-off date for three year olds to enroll. Plus they have to be fully potty trained, which we are still working on. Anyway, being in the classroom with other kids around his age, I am glad he has another year at home before starting school. The Pre-K is full day, five days a week at the public school, and that is just so much for kids this age to handle. Some of the children seem so young to be following strict rules, cleaning up after themselves, and lining up in order with the other kids. I honestly can't see my son being able to handle a classroom situation yet.

I'm thinking of maybe dropping him off at a daycare center for a couple of hours once a week or so just so he can get accustomed to being around a group of young children in a classroom setting. And next week, I'm going full throttle with the potty training, no holds barred. I'll let you know how it goes...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home