Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Eleven years already??

My wedding anniversary is this weekend. I can't believe it's been eleven years already. I'm happy to report, we are still madly in love and the future looks bright. When my coworkers found out about it, they asked what I'm getting him as a gift. I realized it's been probably eight years since we gave each other store-bought gifts.

I used to get the typical gifts of flowers, jewelry, and chocolates. That's all fine and dandy, but when you get into the accounting and realize how much these things add up, it just doesn't seem worth it. The fun part is the surprise aspect. So now we try to dazzle each other with poems we write, a piece of artwork, a fancy dinner at home, and other things that are thoughtful without spending a fortune.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long - we must be gettin' old! Hope you two had a fun time this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home