Monday, November 26, 2007

Sweet memories

Every time I look at my wedding ring, I remember when my husband and I found it. We were not even shopping for wedding bands at the time, but we were browsing in an antique mall in Denver, Colorado off South Broadway. We had already purchased my wedding dress at the same antique store and I was very fortunate to have found a dress that was exactly the style I wanted and fit me perfectly.

We saw all the rings behind a glass counter and immediately I was drawn to one in particular. We asked to look at it and amazingly, it fit. Then we asked the price and my happiness faded. Compared to new rings from a jewelry store, it was quite a bargain, but to two young college students on a budget it seemed just out of reach. I tried on several more rings that were nice, but none made me light up like the first one.

Then my wonderful husband-to-be said, "Let's go ahead and get it, OK? We'll be alright." And you know what? He was right, and I couldn't be happier with our decision. I still sit and look at my ring several times a day and I just smile. When I am stressed about money, I can look at it and hear my husband saying, "We'll be alright." And I know that everything happens for a reason and it will all work out somehow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home