Saturday, April 05, 2008

Her first boyfriend

Yesterday in the car, my 7 year old daughter nonchalantly says, "Mom, I have a boyfriend who loves me." I say, "Oh really? Who is it?" Turns out it is a boy who has been in her class for two years, but apparently they just discovered they love each other "just a little bit" according to her.

I don't think it is a big deal, buy my husband seemed a bit upset by it. He grilled her with questions like, "You don't kiss him or anything, do you??" She just made a disgusted face and said, "No, we just draw pictures for each other."

So we're not quite ready for "the talk" yet, but she is growing up so fast that before too long we will be breaking out acne treatments and fighting off real boyfriends. The good news is that since we live in a small town, there are many other parents looking out for your kids too because everyone knows you. I don't think the teens around here can get away with much... but I could be wrong.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

OMG! :)
That is hilarious - mostly because it's not my daughter (yet)!

Dads are definitely more protective of their daughters than their sons - its an inevitable "double standard".

Gosh, and I remember holding her when she was just a few months old...and it really doesn't seem like it was that long ago!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home