Saturday, June 07, 2008

Oh, how school has changed!

When I was in elementary school, computers were just making their way into residential homes. I was one of only about three other students in my class with a word processing program to turn in printed reports in the 6th grade. The internet wasn't a viable resource until college, and offered much help with my assignments then.

Today, children start using the internet as early as age two, and computers are a staple in every classroom in the country from Kindergarten through high school. Students in middle and high school carry a flash drive on a lanyard around their neck with all their computer files stored. I just hope that by the time my kids are in school, we aren't expected to purchase laptops that they carry to school. Call me old fashioned, but I think kids are too young for that much responsibility.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

I'm all for technology and all the "creature comforts" and information accessibility that comes along with it - but just like with everything else, moderation is key! I, too, often wonder what the techonological world will look like in 12-15 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home