Saturday, October 25, 2008

Reading bug

Thanks to the library summer reading program, my daughter "caught the reading bug" and ended up reading around 200 books last summer. Now that school is back in session, I am proud to report that she has been classified as reading above her grade level. Reading is so crucial in all parts of school, and I'm so thankful that she picked it up as well as she has. I can only hope we are as lucky with our younger son. I have a gut feeling that he will have a harder time, but maybe I'm just stereotyping him because of the other typical "boy" behavior he has been exhibiting lately.

Maybe he will learn young, simply because big sister is doing it and his competitive spirit will take over. Only time will tell. The important thing is that both of my kids love school and we will continue to foster that because when there is love for learning, everything else just falls into place.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home