Saturday, December 06, 2008

Bearing fruit


We were walking around on our piece of land the other day and were pleasantly surprised to find a wild tree bearing fruit - lots of fruit for such a small tree. I vaguely recognized them, and decided we better research on the internet before attempting a taste. I found out they are persimmons, which are common in the Ozarks. Although I have seen them in the grocery store, I've never bought any due to their high price. According to the site I found, persimmons are known to be very sweet when they are very ripe, but quite bitter before fully ripened.

We were planning to start a little orchard right around there with some apple and Fig trees, and I am thrilled that we already have an established fruit tree growing wild in that same area of the land. Now if we could only find a pecan tree, I would be in heaven. :o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home