Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another cool thing about small towns

I find it really neat that I am constantly running into people I know around town. Since I usually have some time on my hands, it's nice to be able to stop and chat with people that I run into that I know - or meet new people that I don't know yet. But I could see how it could be tough if you were in a hurry or if you had a "scuffle" with someone and you ran into them at the Post Office or Library or something.

Today, while dropping off books at the library, I waved as my real estate agent drove by, congratulated the librarian on her chorale concert I had attended last weekend, and spent a while talking to my good friend who had stopped by to check her email on the library computer. Just in the course of one outing, I saw three people I knew! This happens all the time around here and when you are in a new town trying to meet new people it is great!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home