Sunday, December 24, 2006

Attempt to capture Christmas

In an attempt to capture the true feeling of Christmas, we opted not to travel to Denver to be with all our family for the holidays. We just wanted to have our little family here to start some traditions of our own. It seems like when we get together with everyone, we always get stressed out and my husband and I never get to spend any time with each other. You know how it goes - one of us always gets stuck talking to other people and by the end of the night you realize you haven't seen your spouse in a few hours.

Even though we thought staying here would eliminate the holiday stress, it has managed to travel to us via the telephone line. A relative of ours who shall remain nameless has decided to be very selfish and demanding pity for herself and has in effect ruined my Christmas. I don't know why I let these things get to me so much. It has happened so many times now, I should be used to it. Somehow, people still manage to amaze me with their thoughtlessness. I will try to put it behind me and enjoy my husband and kids at our home this Christmas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home