Thursday, February 15, 2007

Segmentation has some benefits

With all the changes taking place at PayPerPost lately, one of the biggest is "segmentation." This means that when an advertiser posts an opportunity for the bloggers, they can make all kinds of requirement specifications that they weren't able to pick before. For example, they can choose a minimum PR (page rank) for the blogger's homepage, they can choose only blogs about a certain topic, and they can exclude blogs from free sites like Blogger, Xanga, LiveJournal, and MySpace.

The downside for advertisers is that if they choose segmentation, the payout of their opp must be higher (I heard at least $12.50) per blog. This is good news for bloggers with a high PR, because some of the opps have been paying $1,000 per blog. That's some serious dough for a half hour of work! Now I just have to work really hard to get my page rank up so I can partake in the big bucks.

It is so great to make money blogging. I've really gotten into a groove with it now and I can do the posts much quicker than when I first started two months ago. In case you want to know, I have already been paid $335 and they owe me $300 to be paid once my posts are up for the required 30 days. I try to keep the "to be paid" above $300, so that means I'm making about that much every 30 days. Now that they have raised the daily post limit from two to three, that number should grow very quickly.

Another change at PPP is now we are required to have a disclosure on our blog (you can see mine in the sidebar), or we can put it within the individual post (as I will put at the bottom of this one). Some people made a big deal about it, but I would think most bloggers would like it since it explains that some of our posts are paid and they are still our own opinions. I think mostly advertisers were the ones who didn't like it because some of them even specify in the opp that they don't want you to mention it is a paid ad. They can't do that anymore and I'm glad because I always want to be honest with my readers.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home