Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Slippery soap

Speaking of obsession, soap operas are the ultimate in housewives' guilty pleasures. They watch every day, but probably are embarrassed to admit it to their husbands. But if their husbands ever watched even one episode, chances are he would be wondering what will happen the next day. Soap operas are great at leaving you hanging, wanting more.

One of my earliest memories of television as a young child was the soap opera All My Children. My mom watched that one faithfully for about twenty years. When I saw a website devoted to All My Children listed at PPP, I had to check it out. I am surprised to see many of the same actors and actresses are still going strong! They look like they've hardly aged at all. They must have really good make-up artists behind the scenes. This website lets you read about all the episodes, including future episodes (appropriately called "Spoilers"). You can go to the message boards and chat with fellow soap addicts. You can also peruse the news area to read about which stars of your favorite soap made headlines and when they will be making any public appearances.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home