Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Winter woes

Like I've mentioned before, it is very hard to find something to do with small children at home in the winter. Eureka Springs has a place called the "Fun Spot" with arcade games and go-karts, but they are closed in the winter. I would think that enough locals would use it in the winter that they could stay open, but maybe it's not cost effective for them.

I would like to check out the museum, but I don't know if my son would behave. Based on how he acts at the library, I'm scared to try the museum. Turpentine Creek Wild Cat refuge is open year-round, but we can only go on semi-warm days since it is outdoors. At least it is free for locals which is really cool. The ESNA railroad will give a free ride to locals, but they are closed in the winter too.

We find that there are too many things to do during the spring and summer, but not enough to do during the winter, when you really need to get out!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

That must be really hard to deal with - especially with a toddler! Yikes! LB's favorite thing is "go, go, go.." I guess that's just a compromise of living in a small (tourist) town. Hang in there, this is your first winter - you'll see it gets better I'm sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home