Thursday, March 29, 2007

Strange experience at the parent / teacher conference

This afternoon I had a conference with my daughter's kindergarten teacher and it started off pretty well. She is very bright and I know she does well in school. So it surprised me when the teacher asked me if we have any problems with her at home and I said that sometimes she won't follow instructions until we tell her two or three times. The teacher says she has the same problem and wants us to make a "Behavior Modification" chart for her. The chart will have two things we want her to work on at home, and the teacher will add one thing to work on at school, and we will give her stickers on the chart if she follows the guidelines set forth on the chart.

Considering there are only two months left in school, and my daughter is one of the best students in the class, I think her teacher went a little overboard. My hubby thinks it is totally ridiculous and that we shouldn't do it at all. But the teacher got so excited by the idea and was really into it, so what am I supposed to say?

So now I have a dilemma caused by what should have been an easy conference for a girl who has a great report card. Now she's asking me if all the kids in her class will have the new chart or if it's just her. I don't want her to feel singled out, but in reality, that is what is happening.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home