Monday, June 11, 2007

More love to The Police


I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about The Police and their new double disc and worldwide tour. PayPerPost selected me to win one of their "Postie Packs" which included the new police cd plus a bunch of cool PPP gear!! Woohoo! I never win anything! I was so excited when the mail carrier dropped off the box and I saw it was from PayPerPost.

Of course, the CD is awesome. I already had most of the songs on the discs, but it's nice to have them all one album. Plus, there is a vintage 1979 poster inside (bonus!!). The Police were so ahead of the times during the 80's. They influenced bands in so many different genres, including pop, rock, and ska. Their sound was always original and no other group sounded like The Police.

I was happy to see my favorite track, "Wrapped Around Your Finger", on the new 28-track police cd. Do you remember the video for that song? It was simple, but very effective. There were hundreds of white candles lined up closely in 6-foot tall, thin, black candlestick holders. Sting runs around and jumps, somehow managing not to disturb the candles - until the very end when he knocks them all down just like you wanted him to do the whole time. Very nice, classic video.

Win a New York fly-away to see The Police live.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

WOOHOO!! Congrats on winning! That is very, very cool. I love The Police too! They just played 2 sold out shows here in Denver this weekend. You can be sure that if I wasn't 35 weeks preggo, I would have been there - to me, it would have been well worth the pricey ticket! Oh well...all I can do is hope that they will decided to come back to Denver again (kinda like Cher and her "neverending farewall tour"!). Oh yeah, and that "Wrapped Around Your Finger" video (and song) is amazing! You have good taste! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home