Friday, August 31, 2007

One of life's little annoyances

Insurance is just one of things that you must have, but never seem to function smoothly. The only insurance I've never had a problem with was term life insurance. Of course, I never tried to make a claim with them so you never know.

Today I took my daughter to the doctor and their system still shows our old insurance, which I canceled six months ago. I have already faxed the necessary information to the new insurance back in June to remedy the situation, but of course I have to follow up because nothing can be done right the first time.

I used to work at an insurance company, and I can honestly say that I don't know how these companies stay afloat. There were so many office systems in our company that could have been improved upon and the lack of organization was staggering. Actually, that company ended up outsourcing the underwriting to a company in another state and laying off 80% of the employees in our office, so there you go.

Anyway, I am waiting for a call back right now to clear up my current insurance mishap, so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Chaffyn said...

Reading through your blog entries I see you are in the process of setting up a web-based business. Are you already up and running? If so, what's the web address?

Just curious. I'm seriously considering relocating to ES and am checking out everything I can find.

Contact: chaffyn@moonarbor.net

Good luck . . . and maybe I'll see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home