Saturday, September 29, 2007

Shattered dreams

I was all revved up for a wonderful day of potty training after I read "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" which I picked up at the library. The technique made sense and I thought for sure it would work for my son since he is within the age group recommended. Well, several things went wrong and let's just say that he is back in diapers and won't even put underwear on now.

When he sees the little potty, he says, "Mom, I'm not on the potty train anymore." I guess when he heard us talk about "potty training" he thought it had to do with an actual train. So now my husband and I are trying to come up with some sort of "potty train" game to get him to wear the underwear again. Any suggestions? He has used the potty a couple of times so we know he can do it and will just take more time.

He must be trained by the time he starts pre-school next August and I'm sure that will be no problem. We just really wanted him trained before our trip to Disney World in January so we don't have to worry about bringing diapers or buying them once we are there. So we have three and a half months to work on it before then. Wish us luck!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

I'm sorry to hear it went awry.
I read a book called "On Becoming Toddlerwise" a few months ago. There's a section in there on potty-training. They have 3 different plans - the 1-day crash course, the in-between, and the totally laid back (in my words, of course!). I'm the in-between style, and I'm using either dinner mints (you know the tiny pastel ones) or choco chips to entice Liam to use the potty. It's still only #1 though. I think I may have to track down that book again an re-read the p.t. section, because I'm with you on wanting to acheive freedom from diapers sooner rather than later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home