Friday, October 19, 2007

Why I like the fall so much

Fall is by far my favorite season of the year and this morning, as I was walking in my neighborhood enjoying the perfect weather, I was thinking of all the reasons I love this time of year so much. First of all, going back to my childhood, I have many good family memories of the fall. Since I grew up in Houston, Texas, autumn was the best time to go to the zoo, the park, and we played outside all the time jumping in all the leaf piles. Halloween was always a big deal in my family. I remember all of us dressing up and visiting haunted houses, going to parties, and of course trick-or-treating. My dad especially loved Halloween and always participated. One year, we even had a "haunted yard" set up in our backyard for the neighborhood kids. I remember my dad jumping out from behind a bush dressed as a vampire and scaring the pee out of a couple of my friends. Those were some good times.

Throughout the years, I can't remember ever having a bad experience on Halloween or in the fall. Things always seem to go well for me around this time of year. The weather has a lot to do with it, I'm sure. People are just in a better mood when they are not too hot or too cold. Everyone spends more time outside, which also improves mood. The scenery is beautiful and at its most colorful, and the smells of campfires and the woods are so comforting to me.

Eureka Springs is one of the best places to experience the fall, which makes me even happier that we decided to move here! Autumn lasts a full two months here at least, which I was not accustomed to in Colorado. There are so many festivals and fairs going on, not a weekend goes by without something to do, and the town is covered in festive decorations consisting of straw bales, scarecrows, pumpkins, and all types of gourds to complement the natural changing colors of the season. Happy fall to all!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home