Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hobby shops

One thing I really miss about living in a larger town is the accessibility of certain specialty shops. In particular, I miss having a good hobby shop nearby. I know there are online hobby shops that carry all the same items, but that's the type of store where I like to browse. Some projects require materials that you wouldn't necessarily search for online because you may not know what it is called, but if you saw it in the aisle of the store you would buy it because it could work for your particular project.

Like in the case of seasonal decorations. I really like to see the items in person to determine if the size and quality are suitable for my needs. I've bought things online or from a catalog before only to be very disappointed at the quality when I received the items. Of course, I returned them and there was no problem with that, I just prefer browsing in a store for decorations, arts, and crafts project items so I know exactly what I am buying.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

I love strolling through the hobby stores too! Sometimes I take the kids and go just with the intent to look at all the fun stuff. It actually recharges my energy. I would be in withdrawal if I didn't have a hobby store nearby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home